Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The evil profit motive

I don't want to spend a bunch of time defending myself. I'd rather spend it on the ideas. I'll just say there is a difference between confidence in one's convictions and the blind faith of ideology and let the reader decide which I display.

You can hate the profit motive and proclaim that it shouldn't exist, but that's going to get you as far as demonizing your car for demanding fuel.

It's telling that Matt suggests he doesn't care if the system collapses. It will serve the greedy insurance companies right. Is that the real issue? We're going to punish the rich by destroying the economy? Okay. Poverty doesn't scare me. I've been there. It sucks, but I can deal with it. Just keep in mind that there will be nobody to soak when we're done.

I know the plan says you can keep the exact same policy you have now if you want. Everyone will be covered. No limits, no denials and it will all cost less. Keep saying it over and over and maybe it will come true.

Those evil insurance companies are comprised of actual human beings. Those human beings are going to walk away and do something else when it no longer makes sense to work in the insurance biz. Then health care will be administered by politicians, and what a wonderful world it will be.

None for me thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment